Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 239

Wowza! I am one lucky girl to have the weekends that I get to experience. After a fabulous Friday night with Braxton' PA school friends relaxing by the pool, and an even more awesome Saturday eating a pumpkin flavored "family dinner" at A^2 apartment, mom and I completed the Ramblin' Rose Triathlon today. It was an event focused on women's empowerment. Even though we got up at 4:55am, got to CH at 6am and were all set up and marked by 6:30am, we had a great time sitting around and just hanging out before the race. My start time was round 8:30 am and I finished around 9:36 am. Needless to say, when they announced my name, which the pronounced correctly for once, mom was in line for the swim and hadn't even started yet! That turned out for the best though, because it was so fun to cheer on mom throughout her first race. Margie showed up to cheer on mom, too, and it was an emotional and happy surprise for her. Here are some pics Braxton took with his fancy shmancy camera.Enjoy.

 Swim is done!

 Here goes the bike!

 Crossing the finish line happy and strong!!

 Hey! They pronounced my name right! That always deserves a celebration!

 Found mom in line for the swim at the end of my race! I was glad that I finished so I could cheer her on for the whole race!

 Races with Bling-Bling really help with the motivation. 

 There she goes! Done with the swim!

 Starting the bike!

 Going strong finishing the bike leg!

 Uphill the last .5 miles? Not fair..but good thing Margie was there to give you some support!

 What an awesome surprise and a great friend!

 My mom ROCKS! End of story. 

 So lucky to have the opportunity to race with her!

 The skillful photographer and his photography subjects. :) Thanks for the pictures, Braxton!

 Margie and Mom . What a great sign!

 Forced Family Fun? More like just FAMILY FUN!

Ready to go home! Now, time to relax. 
Two weeks until the Bull City Racefest with Braxton!

No comments:

Post a Comment