Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 127

Well! Last week there was so much happening! I took pictures and had a plan to post my pictures...and then a derecha storm hit and the power went out for a few days and life got hectic. The power is now back (Sunday), so I am going to list some of the things that happened this past week...pictures will follow as soon as I have more time on the internet...


Wednesday I gave my big presentation to the whole department on blood clots. It was a success and I only had one question..which I was able to answer. The only feedback I got was "slow down" but patients were coming in and the meeting itself went over a bit..so I was trying to save time. My bigger success was bringing my pretzel/hershey kiss/rolo/m&m bites. They were gone..including the container.

Wednesday Braxton and I also used up a Groupon to Dennis Vineyards in Albemarle. The wine was FABULOUS. We sat outside and drank some cherry wine with some complimentary dark chocolate. It was a great way to celebrate a belated anniversary and my almost-end to my visit in his hometown.

Thursday - the storm that left the city in darkness. Literally nobody but the hospital had power. There were power lines and trees down everywhere. It was probably the closest to a tornado I've seen in a LONG time.

Saturday was Braxton's gradma's 97th birthday! She was so beautiful in her little blue dress and is so happy at her new independent living apartments.

And today was Father's Day. Happy Father's Day Dad! I hope it was relaxing and your man cave looks great!


No comments:

Post a Comment