Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 117


So! This week has had it's ups and it's down. I have had some good work-outs and some rainy work outs. Work itself is long, but I am really learning a lot! This week I learned how to do dry needling on myself. This technique is kind of like acupuncture but it uses longer needles because it actually penetrates the muscle. It works out trigger points and causes the muscle to spasm and relax. I was given the opportunity to try it on myself, NOT A PATIENT, and ran with it! It didn't hurt when it went in, but it did feel sensitive when it hit a knot in the muscle. I am only a little sore, but the muscle belly is nice and smooth now. I learn something new every day!

And this is sterling...trying to fit into a shoebox. He is too fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment