Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 52

Wow! How 5 days fly by!!! I know I had a whirlwind Easter Break and now I have had a whirlwind first week back! I have had some exciting things going on lately, so let me give you a recap:

1. This Thursday we FINALLY got cleared and started collecting data for our research project that is due to be defended in 3 weeks. We have had some great volunteers from the program and from the hospital and we are so excited to have this on our way! We have one more big day of data collection next week and then it's a whole day to flip the data into a publishable paper and poster to defend a present. Needless to say, I should by stock in Starbucks now, because I feel as though I am going to need it over the next 3 weeks and the DPT program is going to use and abuse it until finals are over.

2. I got a 100% on my Professional Issues quiz! This is a nice surprise seeing as it is all on business and charting accounts. I worked really hard to understand the information, so I am happy that I was able to put that onto paper.

3. Braxton and I officially signed up for our first Sprint Triathlon at the end of July. We figured, we will be done training for the 8k at the beginning of June, so we needed something else to do! So, I have added swimming and biking into my work out regimen and cut down on the running a bit. overall the event is a 250 m swim, 9 mile bike, and 3 mile run. My goal is to finish under 90 minutes, but we will see. I just want to finish. period.

If I don't consistently update over the next few weeks, it is because nothing out of the ordinary is going on.

Next week: 3 tests, essay/assignment due, wound care skills test, collecting research,  putting together our business project for Monday presentation, putting together research to defend

The week after next: Business Presentation, Basic OSCE (practical final), Business Portfolio review

The week after the week after next: FINALS!!! Defend Thesis!!! Pack  up and get my tired buns back home!!!

So! Hopefully all of that will go smoothly! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 3 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment