Sunday, May 22, 2016

Ramblin Rose 2016

Last weekend, we had a cold day in May and it was a wonderful day for a race. This was my fourth triathlon and it was my best time yet! It was also one of the most fun triathlons I have ever done since my Raleigh Jaycee friend, Jenna, joined me for her first ever Tri. Here are some pics from the day!

Done with the swim! Onto the bike....
 
 Jenna and I transitioning onto the bike....

 Here I go! All smiles starting the bike...

 Here comes Jenna at a close follow!

 Ending the bike..breathing heavy up that last hill. 

 Yay! Starting the run..the last leg of the race!

 Here comes Jenna!

 Lap one down!
 Still smiling!

 Coming through the finish shute!

 Yay! I did it! 57 minutes and 3 seconds total!

 Here comes Jenna! She finished in 1 hr 7 minutes!

 Post -race pics! It was super cold. Sweats were a necessary to break the wind. 

 Surprise! No this is not a drill. I ended up first place in my age category. My quick transitions and top bike in my age group put me to the top! I came in 26 out of 534!

Cheers to hard work and a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment