Sunday, October 25, 2015

Alexii and Alex's Big Fat Greek Wedding

This past weekend we were honored to attend the wedding of one of my dear college friends, Alexii, to her now husband, Alex. Yes, their names are pretty much the same. This would be the first Greek wedding we have ever been to, and let's just say it was a blast. The ceremony was beautiful. Though I only understood about 20% of what was going on (I don't speak Greek), the ceremony was meaningful, traditional, and special in every way. From the roses each woman was given upon their arrival to the couple's first kiss to the Greek band and dancing at the reception, we definitely got to celebrate the joining of two people on their lifelong journey as husband and wife. 
Congrats Alexii and Alex!

This church was beautiful. What a great place to celebrate the occasion!
 


The first dance! 

 Apparently it is very common for there to be belly dancers at Greek weddings. Well, this lovely lady almost lost her top. Memorable, that's for sure!

 Time to Oh Pat the bride! KKG <3

Friends since 2005. :)

My handsome date. 

 
 This is very normal...Greek music...dollar bills making it rain..and rhythmic clapping. I don't know how long this went on for, but I would say at least 50% of the reception.

Cheers Mrs. Lazaridis! I am so lucky to have you as a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment