Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Halloween!

This year I was very excited for Halloween and the possibility of getting trick-or-treaters. You see, I have a porch now. That means I get to make it scary and have fun meeting my neighbors, right? Wrong. Well, kind of. Upon decorating my house, my neighbor decided to tell me that she has never ever gotten a trick-or-treater. Another time she wanted to reiterate that I not be disappointed. Well, I went to Big Lots for my last minute halloween decor shopping which consisted of some purple string lights, a halloween door mat, tombstones (thanks Dollar Tree), and a skeleton with a bow tie. I also had two strobe lights and the good old witch head in a magic ball. Needless to say, I got some trick-or-treaters! The kids were totally scared by my wicked witch and parents gave me compliments on my house. 


 To wrap this up, this was my costume for work on Friday. I went as a 50's sock hop girl. One of the CNAs asked if I was Amish *facepalm*. many of the residents called me Happy Days and said, "I remember when I had one of those!" Again, I don't think I will ever grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment