Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 169

We did it! After a week of getting my iphone stolen, lots of hard work, and many 5am early mornings, I can say that Braxton and I finished our first triathlon!

Braxton completed it in 1 hr 8 minutes and came in 3rd in his category. I finished in 1 hr 15 minutes and came in 4th in my category. I had a mess up on the bicycle - my seat gave way and plummeted to the bottom at mile 3, leaving me the rest of the time to eat my thighs and push through hills. If any of you have ever tried riding a bike fast on a bike that is too short for you, you know how I feel. It was tough and killed my bike time (37 minutes - Blegh) BUT I was able to make up with quick transitions, a < 6 minute swim and < 30 minute 5k. So, it wasn't a total bust, and although I am no professional and I know these numbers are by no means "impressive" I am excited to say that I am no longer labeled "One Lap Ashley" and I can officially call myself an athlete. I am so glad we had a wonderful cheering section - Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to cheer us on!

Now...pictures! No races in August planned at this time...Two 5k races (One for the family, another for my sorority) in September, a triathlon (with mom!) - 5 mile race - and 5k in October, and currently thinking about suggestions for November or December. This fitness stuff is addicting. ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment