Sunday, May 17, 2015

Ramblin' Rose Raleigh 2015

This weekend, I competed in my third triathlon. I had two friends that committed to run with me, but they had to back out for silly reasons. So, that left me for my first solo event. It was so much fun to get out of the pool and see my mom there outside of the transition area, next to my bike, to cheer me on. Overall, this was my personal best. This was the fastest swim and bike, yet. Though my transitions were a little slow and my legs didn't remember what to do for the first mile of the run, I am surprised that this turned out so well. I completed the race in a total of 59 minutes 30 seconds. I was 9th in my age group (out of 41 25-29 year olds) and 92nd out of 503. I almost was first place in my age group on the bike, but someone beat me by 3 seconds! If my bike chain hadn't popped off and I had to stop for a few minutes to fix it, I would've gotten first! What a good weekend. Now to rest for the next month. No more races until the fall. No more BIG races, at least. 

 The pre-race set up. Everything is ready for a smooth transition!
 First you put on the helmet and sunglasses. Then pants, shoes, and then you're off on the bike!

 The awkward clip-in shoes hobble your bike back to the rack. 

 It's on with the race belt, on with the hat, and some water to go. Now for the run!

 Two loops and 4 uphills later, I finished! Thumbs up!

 Triathlon 3 in the books! Maybe on in October to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment