Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 307

It is Friday and my upcoming move is this Sunday. Though I am sad to go and have gotten used to having company at all times, I am ready to establish my adult life. Things I have realized from the moving process:
1. Everything is more expensive than you think it is. Having little credit, my security deposits are off the wall and everything requires an initial installation or initiation fee of some kind.

2. I don't know if I need cable. Though I love my TV shows, I am going to try an experiment for a few months and invest in Apple TV or Roku. With a flat fee and then starting up my subscription to Hulu and Netflix, I believe I can save around $60 per month of cable.

3. I think I am okay keeping my old hand-me-down items until I get a few more months pay under my belt. Considering I didn't have a full week's paycheck under my belt, I spent the whole paycheck plus savings on my rent and 1/2 security deposit this month. Though I have my wishlist for some upgrades that were made in the year 2000, I am excited to start the process of moving in and upgrading to some adult staples.

4. This calling and spending hours on the phone to set up accounts and going before work to set up accounts is for the birds. Do people still fax? Also, would it kill to email some of this stuff in?

SO, I will give an update on Monday (that's when they are installing my internet) on how the move went. To sign off...here are some things my wise oldies have taught me this week:

*Your butt checks should be referred to as your "biscuits".
*Sometimes it's important to just hold someone's hand.
*Poop really isn't that big of a deal. Farts are even less of a deal.
*Always wear a bra...or your tatas will end up by your belly button or lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment